Ingram Micro CoveNovor Plus Protection Plan Offers Insurance of handset covering accidental, liquid damage and Total Loss
· The Plan also gives the following benefits – Hungama,Premium Anti Virus suite from Trend Micro worth Rs 1800 , free 1 GB Prepaid 3G Data per month for three months from Aircel
· The Ingram Micro Cover Plus Protection Plan can be purchased at the time of purchase of product or within 7 days, and is for a period of 1 year
· Registration and activation of product is required within 7 calendar days of purchase of product. In case a customer fails to register and activate the Ingram Micro Cover Plus Protection Plan with 7 days from date of invoice of the phone, the plan will not be valid
Cover Plus Aircel Pack-MRP 499Aircel-1gb data for three months
2. Hungama- Rs 400 worth download of audio and video
3. Insurance-Free Insurance of handset covering accidental, liquid damage and Total Loss
AircelTo avail offer. Subscribers are required to SMS<10 digit promo code>given in the pack, to 121 to the get the benefitsEligible customers will get the applicable benefits which are part of the plan voucher selected by the customerBenefits applicable only where Aircel is present and on Aircel network only. Not applicable on Roaming.This offer is only applicable for prepaid customers of Aircel.
HungamaEach pack contains a unique product codeCustomer to visit-www.m.hungama.com/coverplus from mobile or www.hungama.com/coverplus from desktopCreate a user name and password, enter the UPC(Unique Product Code) in the fieldOn successful registration customer gets a flash message with offering
Trend MicroOn successful registration with Ingram Micro, customer to get e mail from Trend Micro with Unique CodeCustomer to download Trend Micro Mobile Security from Google Play StoreCustomer to use code received for activation of Anti Virus
InsuranceEach pack contains a UPCCustomer can register using the following method
Google Play Store- Cover Plus Ingram Micro
Web portal- www.ingrammicrocoverplus.com
Toll Free-1800-420-4664Use the UPC given in the packEnter personal detailsEnter invoice number and priceOn successful registration, customer gets an e-mail with Certificate of Insurance
Risk not covered
The Insurer shall not be liable for:
1. Customer who have bought the pack, but did not register with Ingram Micro for Insurance.
2. Theft & Burglary
3. Loss or damage to the Gadget due to mysterious circumstances / mysterious disappearance or unexplained reasons.
4. Loss or damage to the Insured Gadget due to perils other than the Insured Perils.
5. Loss of Insured Gadget resulting from or caused by or attempted from unattended vehicles, but this exclusion will not apply to Insured Gadget kept in locked glove box or boot, or if the vehicle is locked. Insurers shall also not be liable for Theft of Insured Gadget from unattended and unlocked house / apartment.
6. Proven fraud or criminal activity in relation to this Policy on the part of the Beneficiary.
7. Claim on Insured Gadget during the hire or loan of the Insured Gadget to a third party.
8. Loss resulting to the Insured Gadget from detention or confiscation by customs or other government or public authorities.
9. Any failure of the Insured Gadget to operate as a result of problems with respect to the mobile network infrastructure, Beneficiary’s network subscription or similar telecommunication services related issues.
10. Loss of or Damage to the Gadget that is registered in the name of a Corporate Entity and is not used by a bonafide user.
11. Loss to the Insured Gadget arising due to any unlawful act or illegal activities (including criminal acts) of the Beneficiary and/or any person authorized by the Beneficiary.
12. Consequential loss of any kind or description in relation to any Cover.
13. Loss or damage caused to the Insured Gadget due to poor maintenance or mishandling of the Insured Gadget by the Beneficiary, wilful misconduct / negligence of the Beneficiary, incorrect storage, installation or incorrect set-up by the Beneficiary unless the Authorised Service Centre representative would confirm otherwise with due substantiation.
14. Loss or damage as a result of attack by unauthorised software/virus, software faults and manufacturing defect owing to which a gadget fails to operate
15. Any loss to the Insured Gadget after the same is sold by the Beneficiary to any third party.Any consequence arising from war, war like operations (whether war declared or not), act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion, military usurped power, seizure, capture, confiscation, arrest, restraints and / or detainment by order of any government authority.
17. Any loss to the Insured Gadget directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from ionizing radioactive or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purpose of this exclusion only combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission.
18. Any loss, destruction, damage or legal liability in respect of the Insured Gadget directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapon materials.
19. Loss to the Insured Gadget due to reasonable wear and tear, moth, vermin or gradual deterioration, inherent defect or from any process of cleaning or unauthorized repairing or renovating or maintenance.
20. Any type of self-repair or attempted self-repair of the Insured Gadget by the Beneficiary.
21. Mechanical or electrical breakdown or electronic derangement or malfunction of the Insured Gadget, unless caused by any Insured Peril.
22. Penalties of delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency.
23. Intentional overloading of the Insured Gadget.
24. Loss or damage to the Insured Gadget due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting into any abnormal conditions,.
25. Cost of replacement of battery of the Insured Gadget, unless caused by an Insured Peril.
26. Any damage or loss occasioned from any water borne craft, unless such damage is caused by the accidental ingress of liquid/water and/or any other accidental damage, and if the Beneficiary has taken reasonable care to protect the Insured Gadget from damage.
27. Any manufacturing defect in the Insured Gadget which is expressly covered under Insured Gadget manufacturer’s warranty and such warranty is subsisting at the time of the respective Claim subsisting.
28. Product defects in the Insured Gadget, not caused due to any of the Insured Perils, whether latent / inherent or not.
29. Any loss of or damage to the SIM card / memory card of the Insured Gadget unless caused by an Insured Peril.
30. Loss or damage to accessories other than the Insured Gadget (including the original battery provided with the same).
31. Internal leakage of the battery, unless caused by an Insured Peril.
32. Any Insured Gadget not purchased and / or repaired in India.
33. Any loss the named Beneficiary may suffer or cost to the Beneficiary for:
1. costs or charges when replacing car kits or car devices and other accessories which can no longer be used with the Insured Gadget;
2. costs involved in returning the Insured Gadget for repair, or collecting the Insured Gadget once it has been repaired; and
3. costs caused by the Insured Gadget being routinely serviced, inspected, adjusted or cleaned.
34. Any loss related to indemnification for the Value added services other than provided under this Policy.
35. Any loss while the insured gadget is in the custody of the ASC.
36. The Insurer shall not be liable for any loss or damage Claim due to the inability of the Beneficiary to submit either of the Claim processing and Claim payment documents required by the Insurer for processing the Claim.
37. The Insurer shall not be liable for the Claim if information in relation to such Claim has intentionally been withheld or incorrect information or misrepresentations have been intentionally given by the Beneficiary that are of material significance to the assessment of the Claim.
38. Loss while the Insured Gadget is under the usage / handled by a child aged 5 years or less.
39. Any scratches to the aesthetics of the Insured Gadget.
40. Used phones / refurbished phones are not covered under this policy.
41. The new replaced Insured Gadget shall not be a subject matter of this Policy, unless a premium has been paid on such replaced Insured Gadget.
Special Claims Conditions
· In partial loss (Claims other than replacement of Apple gadgets) as defined under the definition of partial loss above,in case the part i.e. PCB (mother board or any chip there-off)or screen or charging & battery connectors, is not available, then the limit of liability shall be 40% of the sum insured less applicable excess as defined hereunder
· For Apple gadgets (Mobile and tablets) -In the event of loss to any insured Apple Gadgets andif estimate provided by ASC is for replacement and not for repair, such gadgets shall be treated as total loss, wherein the loss amount payable shall be the replacement amount less excess and salvage. The replacement value shall be as per agreed value as declared by Authorized service center. Only one such claim shall be payable in the existing life of the policy and the policy shall cease to exist post such a claim’.The above special claims condition 1, shall not apply to the apple cases.
NOTICE OF CLAIM
The Beneficiary (Policyholder) must do the following:-
· Beneficiary to inform the Policy Holder within two working days of discovering of any loss covered under this Policy.
· Beneficiary to submit claim form to the Policyholder along with all documents, specified in the claim form, within 15 working days from date of notification of the above mentioned incident.
· Policy holder to intimate the claims to Insurer within two working days of receipt of intimation from Beneficiary. Policy holder to submit all the claims documents to Insurer within seven (7) working days of receipt of the documents from Beneficiary and/or ASC, as the case may be except any delay, of maximum two (2) working days, which has happened due to any event whichis beyond the reasonable control of Policy Holder.
· Beneficiary to submit the Insured Gadget, to the Insurer through the Policy Holder. The same is optional though and subject to Salvage as mentioned under this Policy.
· Policy holder shall request the ASC to co-operate with the Surveyor, if appointed.
· The Policy Holder or beneficiary shall produce for the Insurer’s examination all pertinent documents, as specified in the Claim Form, and shall provide all reasonable co-operations to the Insurer in allmatters, pertaining to any Claims. Failure to comply with this condition may prejudice the Claim. Filing a false or a fraudulent Claim will invalidate the Claim and result in the Insurer rejecting the Claim and any other action deemed fit.
· Subject to receipt of all the required documents in original from the Beneficiary, the Policy Holder shall forward to the Insurer such documents within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of intimation from the Insurer of the acceptance/rejection of the Claim.
· Failure to furnish all the desired claim documents in original within the 120 days from the date of intimation, by the Beneficiary, of the incident of loss shall invalidate the Claim.
· All documents, affidavit information and evidence, as are to be provided by the Beneficiary under the Claim Form, must be provided at the Beneficiary’s expense in the form and nature required in the Claim Form.
In any action, suit or other proceeding where the Insurer alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this insurance, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall not be upon the Policy Holder. The Beneficiary shall however be required to provide reasonable proof to show that the loss of or damage to the insured item was caused by an Insured Peril.